Parallel Session – Realising Our Climate Ambitions: Circular Economy in National Climate Plans
Friday, 16 April, 11:30 – 12:30 CEST, Channel 1
The circular economy is the world’s secret weapon in enhancing national climate plans and achieving our shared climate ambitions.
International climate agreements are mostly implemented and translated into action through national climate plans. What could be the role of a circular economy in national action plans? This discussion panel will centre on the potential mitigation and development opportunities that arise from including a circular economy in national climate plans. Governments, knowledge institutions and development partners will share best practices on how to incorporate the transition towards a circular economy in national climate plans.
- Robert Bradley, Director of Knowedge and Learning at the NDC Partnership (NDCP)
- Kenichi Kitamura, Associate Program Officer at the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
- Zeenat Niazi, Vice-President of the Development Alternatives Group
- Gloria Namande, Project Manager of the NDC Support Programme for UNDP Uganda
- Charles Arden-Clarke, Head of the One Planet network secretariat of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
- Harald Friedl, Moderator